Coffee Table Makeover




          Happy Monday!

                 Hope you had a lovely weekend.
                       Last week I found this pedestal table
                         at a thrift shop. I had been looking for
                       for awhile and although this one isn't
                     fancy I was happy to get it for $20.
                         It was a kitchen table but my husband
                    cut down the pedestal for me and I
                      gave it a couple of coats of Rockport
                       Grey paint that was leftover from the
                            walls in our family room where the table
                            is. This room is still a work in progress.
                           We did get the two new grey chairs that
                               you see in the photo. I am keeping my eye
                             out next for a fireplace surround/mantel.


                                                                       A pretty bouquet of red tulips
                                                                       give some cheerful color to the room.

It is cold here today so tea by
the fire is lovely.


                        Black and white transferware
                                       tea cup....a souvenir from Kings Landing
                              New Brunswick several years ago.
                                                                   I plan to distress the edges a little on the
                                                                   table and give it a coat of clear wax.

                               A few more pieces of transferware.




                                                                    I forgot to take a photo of the
                                                                    table before my husband cut off the
                                                                    leg but you can see the color it was.



               So, that was our little project for the day.

Today I am joining Metamorphosis Monday

Thank you for stopping by,

Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment